Entering box weights is very important to display accurate shipping rates. UPS, USPS, and FexEx need accurate package weights to calculate the appropriate shipping fee. This means the EMPTY box weight.
The final weight rate at checkout will be the bottle weight + the package weight
Example: A 2 bottle order at 8 lbs + a 2 bottle shipper at 2 lbs = total package wight of 10 lbs; UPS/FedEx/USPS will provide the live rate for 10 lbs
In this guide we will review:
Follow these steps:
- Navigate to "Settings" in your portal and click on "Shipping & Delivery"
- Scroll down to the section that says "Shipping Packages"
- Click "Add Package"
- Enter the length, width, height, and weight of the EMPTY box
- Add as many rates as applicable. Example: 1 through 12 bottle boxes
Hints for better shipping practices
What if someone orders 4 bottles and I only have a 3 and 6 bottle box?
- The next highest box cost and weight will be selected
- In this case, a 4 bottle order will charge a rate for a 6 bottle box
What about bottle weights?
- The weight of each product can be edited in your Products tab
- The weight of each bottle can be different
- The total weight is calculated at the customer's checkout
Want to offer free shipping?
- Create a manual shipping rate based on weight or price.
- Packages over $50 lbs are free
- Or packages over $300 are free